Sunday, July 4, 2010

Christmas in July (Holiday Happenings)

Happy Birthday United States!!  Here's hoping everyone is having a great Independence Day.  I'm afraid that we will not be seeing fireworks tonight.  The day has been wet and rainy and the radar does not show that it will be clearing up anytime soon.

I am working on my latest obsession, scrapbooking.  I have completed the 3 page layout I showed in my post from yesterday and am working on another 3 pages -- all still from the 4th of July last year.  I am bound and determined to get caught up.

Of course, being so obsessed with my scrapbooking is leaving me little time for my other crafting and I must say that at times I do feel I'm being a bit maniacal about it.  Bwah-hahahahah [my evil laugh] - I just cannot get enough.  However, I will have to move on to something else and soon.  I have a dead spot coming up soon.  Let me explain.  I have this lovely little pre-lit evergreen tree I purchased a number of years ago at Target -- for the purpose of having a smaller Christmas tree because we do have to celebrate Christmas at odd times.  I now decorate the tree for different seasons and occasions.  It is currently decorated for the Independence Day Holiday.
My holiday tree unlit and lit.


I will now have to get up off of my dead, lazy bum and figure something out for the rest of the summer.  I really do not have anything until I start to decorate for fall.  How I have managed to not get a summer theme going all these years I have no idea.  I do have some ideas on what to make and yes I am going to make something.  I have enough craft supplies to feed a small army of crafters ... OK I really don't but it sounds good.  Either way, only a few more days and the 4th of July holiday items will have to come down.  I really do like this tree.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Really like the tree idea!

Oof - a wolf .....

 I am not an artist -- not a free hand artist anyhow -- or by any stretch of the imagination. This one was a stretch for me.   This is reall...