Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Card Patterns: Sketch 106 - It's a birthday kind of week!

Last year I started making birthday cards and anniversary cards to send to my family.  I did Thanksgiving cards and our Christmas cards.  I've continued this year and have made birthday, anniversary, wedding shower, baby shower, and Easter cards (those are not quite done yet). 
So, it's not that I don't make different cards, but April is a busy birthday month, so for this next card challenge I made more birthday cards.
Before I started doing these challenges, I tended to get my ideas, inspirations from card crafting magazines.  Now I'm using the blogs.  I also tend to make an extra card and I document who I made it for, where I got my inspiration, etc.  It's been very fun - and time consuming.
For the Card Pattern Sketch 106 challenge, I made three cards - three birthday cards.  At least two will be destined for two of my nieces for their April birthdays.
Here are all three:
Hmm... I thought this photo had turned out better. 




  Here's card 'A':
This was actually a better concept then execution.



Here's card 'B':
I'm very happy with this one.  :)  yeah!



 
Here is card 'C':
Not bad, a little uneven - but definitely usable.



Here's what I used to create these cards:
Cream colored card stock, the square background-split triangles are all from K&Co. - Amy Butler patterns.  Fiskar's Birthday Party clear stamp for the main 'happy birthday' and Stampendous "Cupcake Numbers" for the 'make a wish' & 'it's a sweet day' sentiments - all done in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
The yellow glitter cardstock is from core'dinations and I used some leftover light green paper.  The flowers on cards B & C are Prima Flowers that I have inked with Close to My Heart ink - buttercup and pear.  For card A, I made a paper bag flower using the Amy Butler Iris pattern.  The inks were CTMH.  The large brad on card B is an Amy Butler from K&Co.  And I'm disappointed the bling I have on that card is not sparkling.  All other items were in my stash of unknown origin. 
whew!  Are you tired yet!  I am.

4 comments:

Arlene said...

The cards are delightful!

anja curvers said...

Wow all of your cards are really cute love them. Thank you for playing along with cardpatterns.

Elara said...

Love the cards! :)

Debbie, Crafty Heart

whoistracy said...

These are wonderful! Love the bold patterns you used. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns.

Oof - a wolf .....

 I am not an artist -- not a free hand artist anyhow -- or by any stretch of the imagination. This one was a stretch for me.   This is reall...