Friday, March 11, 2011

Celebrating the Green!

For those who know me and have visited my house, I have this pre-lit (Christmas) tree that is potted -- in an urn?  I don't know - but what I do know is that I decorate it for the different seasons/holidays.  Not every holiday, but I'm getting darn close.  This year when Valentine's Day was over and Lent was still 3 weeks off I knew I couldn't get out the Easter decorations.
That left me with nothing.  Not that we don't get a little bit of our Irish on for St. Patrick's Day, I just had never really had a reason to decorate for that single day in March.
Now I have!  As any good crafter would do - I googled "crochet shamrock pattern" and went to check out images as I have found that is one of the better ways I find what I'm really looking for.
I found a wonderfully easy pattern at Skip to my Lou - CLICK HERE to see the pattern and original post.  With out further ado -- my season tree showing the shamrock garland.
















No, I cannot take credit for the little shamrock decorations either.  Can't say where I exactly read about them, but the super easy instructions can be found on the Martha Stewart web site.
So, I finally have another set of decorations for my tree - and all hand made by ME!
And NO - I haven't figured out yet how to get the #(#*&%&*$#( photos lined up.  Of course, I cannot swear - I gave that up for Lent!

No comments:

Oof - a wolf .....

 I am not an artist -- not a free hand artist anyhow -- or by any stretch of the imagination. This one was a stretch for me.   This is reall...